- Second generation patented 6-1/2" BDSS mid/bass driver with Linear Response Waveguide technology for flat, accurate response with micro-detail retrieval and three-dimensional imaging
- Cast aluminum driver baskets
- Second generation pure aluminum dome tweeter for smooth, extended highs
- Top-mounted racetrack bass radiator for outstanding bass response
- Non-resonant braced enclosure ensures pure, uncolored performance
- High-gloss anti-diffraction baffle and shaped enclosures reduce diffraction for open and spacious imaging
- Crossover network features oversize inductors and premium Mylar capacitors for audiophile-grade sound quality
- Integrated Zobel network makes the SM55 easy for amplifiers to drive
- Bi-amp/bi-wire all-metal 5-way binding posts
Redesigned From the Ground Up for Superior Performance, Utility and Beauty
The new Definitive StudioMonitor series is the culmination of over 20 years of research and development to create monitor-quality shelf speakers with the perfect balance of high style, utility and most of all performance.
The Most Advanced Technologies for the Most Advanced Performance
If you love great sound you must experience Definitive's StudioMonitor 55. Its combination of racetrack bass radiator technology, and our latest generation patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) bass/midrange drivers, all housed in a rock-solid attractive enclosure, delivers unsurpassed sonic performance.
High performance shelf / stand monitor loudspeaker,
with a second‐generation, 6 1/2” BDSS driver; a top‐
mounted racetrack bass radiator; cast aluminum driver
basket; second generation, 1” (25 mm) aluminum dome
and anti‐diffraction front baffle.
Dimensions: 41.2cm H x 20cm W x 38.4cm
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Weight: 7 kgs