- Second generation patented 5-1/4" BDSS mid/bass drivers with Linear Response Waveguide technology for flat, accurate response with micro-detail retrieval and three-dimensional imaging
- Cast aluminum driver baskets
- Second generation pure aluminum dome tweeter for smooth, extended highs
- Non-resonant braced enclosure ensures pure, uncolored performance
- High-gloss anti-diffraction baffle and shaped enclosure reduce diffraction for open and spacious imaging
- Top-mounted racetrack bass radiator for outstanding bass response
- Crossover network features oversize inductors and premium Mylar capacitors for audiophile-grade sound quality
- Integrated Zobel network makes the SM65 easy for amplifiers to drive
- Bi-amp/bi-wire all-metal 5-way binding posts
Redesigned From the Ground Up for Superior Performance, Utility and Beauty
The new Definitive StudioMonitor series is the culmination of over 20 years of research and development to create monitor-quality shelf speakers with the perfect balance of high style, utility and most of all performance.
The Most Advanced Technologies for the Most Advanced Performance
If you love great sound you must experience Definitive's StudioMonitor 65. Its combination of racetrack bass radiator technology, and our latest generation patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) bass/midrange drivers, all housed in a rock-solid attractive enclosure, delivers unsurpassed sonic performance.
Each SM 65 features a D'Appolito array consisting of two cast-basket 5-1/4" (13cm) second generation BDSS midrange drivers surrounding a 1" (25mm) pure aluminum dome tweeter. The drivers feature Definitive's patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology that supports the speaker cone at both the inner and outer edges allowing longer, more linear excursion for greater clarity and finely textured inner detail. A new patent pending Linear Response Waveguide™ smoothes off-axis frequency response and disperses sound over a wider area for crystal clear intelligibility for every listener in the room. The tweeter is a pure aluminum dome, which has been heat-treated to relax the crystal structure and then coated with a ceramic to produce extended highs that reveal nuance and shimmer without a trace of edginess.
The twin BDSS long-throw bass/midrange drivers are pressure coupled to a top mounted racetrack bass radiator to extend and amplify bass frequencies. The total bass radiating area of a SM65 is equivalent to a single 12-inch woofer but with far greater control, definition and speed than a single sluggish large woofer. The StudioMonitor's bass performance is nothing short of astonishing in its depth, detail and musicality.
Ultra‐performance shelf / stand monitor loudspeaker,
with two second‐generation, 5 ¼” BDSS drivers in a
D’Appolito array; a top‐mounted racetrack bass radiator;
cast aluminum driver baskets; a second generation, 1”
(25 mm) pure aluminum dome tweeter; and anti‐
diffraction front baffle.
Dimensions: 41.2cm H x 20cm W x 38.4cm
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Product weight: 9kg