Packed with the latest audio and video technologies, the AVR-X2200W delivers incredibly immersive surround sound, built on an extensive sound tuning and plenty of amp power. With Dolby Atmos® , you’ll experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theaters. And, via a firmware update (available fall 2015), the AVR-X2200W will be able to decode DTS:X soundtracks, which also deliver an immersive 3-dimensional soundspace. Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas that help ensure robust signal transmission and reception. Stream your favorite music through AirPlay® , Spotify Connect® or local network storage drives, and enjoy easy control via the Denon 2015 AVR Remote iOS and Android™ apps. The AVR-X2200W features an advanced video processing system which provides for 4K Ultra HD full rate, and it can upscale analog and digital SD and HD video to 4K UHD. The AVR-X2200W is also HDCP 2.2 compliant, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AVR-X2200W is equipped with an advanced dual antenna RF transceiver system for robust and error-free streaming, even in congested urban environments. Connect to the internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port) and enjoy your favorite tracks from streaming music services such as Spotify Connect® . You can also choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the world, and enjoy music from virtually every genre. With AirPlay® , you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your iOS device, including the iPod touch® , iPhone® and iPad® , and the AVR-X2200W is also DLNA® 1.5 certified for compatibility with your home PC or Mac. The Denon 2015 AVR Remote App lets you easily control the AVR-X2200W with your favorite portable device and it’s available for both Apple and Android™ devices.
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible; Video Scaling; ISF Certification Equipped with 8 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, along with dual HDMI outputs, the AVR-X2200W incorporates an advanced video processor that features support for 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz full rate video, 4:4:4 Pure Color subsampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The AVR-X2200W also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content and HDR (Hyper Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility, key components of the BT. 2020 4K UHD specification. The video processor can also upscale analog and digital SD and HD video to 4K Ultra HD. Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the AVR-X2200W features a full suite of video calibration controls (for use by an ISF technician), along with ISF Day and ISF Night video modes.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use With our exclusive Setup Assistant along with the Quick Start Guide, you can connect and configure your home theater system quickly and easily. The Setup Assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that quickly and easily guide you through the setup process, optimizing critical system settings for the best possible sound quality. The Advanced Graphical User Interface and ergonomic remote control makes the daily operation a breeze
Dolby Atmos Built In; DTS:X™ Ready For many years, movie surround soundtracks have been channelbased. Revolutionary Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now, you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the AVR-X2200W, which features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 additional Dolby Atmos-certified up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theater experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding and Dolby Surround Upmixing, the AVR-X2200W also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies.
The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X, features object-based audio coding that lets the sound designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. DTS:X and DTS Neural:X Upmixer will be enabled through an online firmware update coming in the fall of 2015. For more info, please visit www.denon.com/dtsx
Powerful 7 Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode Featuring high current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-X2200W is rated at 95 watts per channel. For compatibility with the widest range of loudspeaker models, the AVR-X2200W is also equipped with low impedance drive capability, to provide operational stability with speakers rated at 4 ohms. The Eco mode adjusts the power amplifier’s output according to the volume level to reduce power consumption and the on-screen Eco meter lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
Audyssey Silver The AVR-X2200W features the Audyssey Silver suite of DSP functions, which includes MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume. Audyssey MultEQ XT automatic room acoustic measurement and correction system matches your speakers to your room’s acoustics, for the smoothest, most natural tonal balance. MultEQ XT provides greater filter precision for the main and satellite speakers, with 8 times the resolution compared to the base MultEQ system, at up to 8 measurement locations. Audyssey Dynamic EQ uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to continually adjust tonal balance so that the sound you hear is full range, even at lower volume levels, and Audyssey Dynamic Volume smoothes out annoying volume jumps, especially with loud commercials.
Advanced Quad-Core 32-bit DSP Processor Featuring an advanced quad-core 32-bit DSP processor, the AVR-X2200W easily handles multi-thread processing tasks, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoding, Audyssey room acoustic correction, bass management and DSP surround simulation. The processor features tremendous processing power, with 4 300-MHz DSP cores that deliver over 1 billion computations per second.
KEY FEATURES [NEW]
• 7.2 channel A/V Receiver with 95W per channel
• Built-in Wi-Fi with dual antenna; built-in Bluetooth
• 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through and 4:4:4 color resolution
• Video Scaling of analog and digital video signal up to 4K 30/25/24Hz
• 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) and 2 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
• Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2)
• DTS:X ready (via firmware update)
• Audyssey MultEQ XT room equalization
• DSD, FLAC, ALAC and AIFF High Resolution audio streaming
• AirPlay, Spotify Connect, Internet Radio
• ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
• Front panel USB input
• Control 4 certified IP control capability
STATE-OF-THE-ART DENON SOLUTIONS
FOR MAXIMIZING CONTENT QUALITY
• Fully discrete, identical quality and power for all channels (7 channels, 95 watts per channel)
• Audyssey Dynamic Volume, for real-time volume adjustment
• Audyssey DynamicEQ, improves surround effects during low volume levels
• High-grade audio components
• High-performance 192kHz/24-bit D/A converters for all channels
• Multi-Source/Multi-Room (2nd zone via surround back speaker terminal or zone preout)
• Digitally transmitted Play function for iPod and iPhone (via USB) for best sound quality
• Optimized Bass redirection, for powerful bass performance in configurations without subwoofer
EASE-OF-USE AND OTHER FEATURES
• ECO mode
• Horizontal color-coded layout of speaker terminals for easy connection
• Label sheet for marking Speaker Wires & HDMI Cables
• Comes with simple, easy-to-use remote control handset
• Setup Assistant, providing easy-to-follow setup instructions, and Advanced Graphical User Interface with 3 languages
• Denon AVR Remote for iOS and Android
• 4 Quick Select buttons - can be used to store favorite sources, internet radio stations and preferred settings
• Standby HDMI Pass through
• Auto Standby and low power consumption at stand-by 0.1 W